Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dress Design for Shabby Apple Dresses

Shabby Apple, a women's apparel company based out of Salt Lake City, is having a design contest, and the winner will have their design produced and sold on the website-how exciting! For now, shop all the Shabby Apple Dresses, they are perfect for work, interviews, lunch parties, and they are all fun, unique pieces too!

I had a blast designing for this contest, because I was inspired by my favorite movie, of all time probably, "Beaches," featuring Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey. I focused on their characters and how different they were, yet still managed to stay best friends all those years. The idea of opposites attracting and completing each other; creating something beautiful and timeless. I wanted to bring both personalities and professions, a singer and a lawyer, into my designs. Here's my work and a little piece of the 80's.



These are the colors and textiles I will be using in my design, and below are the four garments I designed as a dress line for Shabby Apple-just to give me a variety and a decision.


And...my decision is to go with the Whitney dress. It is fun and flirty, but still an essential dress for any women's wardrobe during spring time. She will definitely be a best dressed and the most comfortable in this knit number.

http://www.shabbyapple.com/

1 comment: